Since 2004, Paragon Europe has operational experience in providing quality internship and training experiences to European and international university students, recent graduates, young professionals, post-graduates, voluntary workers and VET students. These structured and guided work-based learning programmes offer cultural immersion in Brussels together with professional development and hands-on experience in specific academic or occupational fields.
Paragon Europe has developed an extensive database of over 130 organisations and businesses who are willing to offer internship opportunities to foreign students in Brussels. These connections mean that Paragon can currently offer over 730 Brussels-based placement opportunities in a range of fields and sectors from architecture all the way to law and European Affairs. Each interns’ placement is tailored to their sector and our qualified staff ensure that all aspects of the internship are taken care of in order to ensure an enjoyable experience.
Benefits of a Paragon Internship in Brussels:
- Gain hands-on work experience in the best organisations
- Strengthen your CV
- Improve your knowledge of your desired industry
- English language practice
- Intercultural experience
- Meet individuals from all around Europe
- Plenty of opportunities to find a paid full-time job
- Many possibilities for recreation and socialisation
- Lots of extremely interesting history
- Work or study in the heart of Europe
The following services are included in the program:
- Application processing
- Skype interview to verify English level
- Host organisation screening
- Site visit to host organisation
- Cultural support, opportunities and advice
Paragon is able to help students find accommodation during their time in Brussels, which will be located to their place of work or study in order to insure maximum convenience.
Tuition and English Language
At Paragon, we believe that education is the key to success. Therefore, we encourage possibilities to further expand knowledge and expertise in languages though English, French, Spanish, German or Italian courses.
Our relationship with various language schools and tutors in Brussels means that we can support students in finding language courses that will suit their needs. In order to avoid interference with students’ academic or occupational fields, we can offer evening and weekend classes as well as daytime classes.
• Tuition is available for candidates aged 16 and classes are often based in central Brussels
• Our tuition packages are provided in collaboration with English Language Schools within a friendly and professional English-speaking environment.
• Priority is giving to individual attention to ensure that each student can fulfil their full potential in the language
It is impossible to run out of things to do or see in Brussels! Visitors can enjoy the city’s rich history, impressive squares and food, as well as day trips to surrounding cities such as Bruges and Gent.
Some of the best things about Brussels include:
• Planète Chocolat Guided Tour, Demonstration and/or Workshop
• Chocolate Workshop
• Visits to various European Institutions (European Commission, Parliament Hemicycle, Parlamentarium, European Committee of the Regions, European Council, House of European History
• Walking Tour (visiting Grand Place, Manneken Pis and more!)
• Art Nouveau Walking Tour
• Comics Walking Tour of Brussels
• Brussels Battle of Gods Tour: Religion and Legends
• Day Trips to Bruges, Gent and Antwerp
• Beer Tasting
• Chocolate Tasting Tour
• Brussels Waffle Workshop
• Brussels Museum Tour
• CitySightseeing Bus Tours
Upon your arrival at Brussels International Airport, a taxi or shuttle will be waiting to take you to your chosen accommodation. This will be pre-arranged by Paragon with one of its partnering taxi services in order to make your arrival in Brussels stress-free.
Brussels offers a wide range of reliable public transport including metro, tram, and bus, which serve all major areas of the city.
STAFF MOBILITY AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Paragon Europe hosts a large number of academic staff from our partner institutions all across Europe. Teachers, lecturers and other educational professionals have visited Brussels for a professional mobility experience. We strive to ensure that our visiting academic staff have a unique and fulfilling experience while they are in Brussels.
Staff mobility programmes focus on the professional development of adult education staff through job shadowing or observation periods, as well as participation in structured training courses or events.
Paragon Europe can provide the following Staff Mobility Services:
- Job shadowing
- Visits to companies
- Training courses
- Sociocultural programmes
- Other services on request
Paragon Europe offers a range of training courses that can be customised to individual or group requirements as part of personal and professional development. Our courses are offered at vocational, academic and professional levels. We also provide coaching and mentoring to professionals who are further growth in their careers.
At Paragon, we believe that personal and professional development are lifelong processes. Training provides the means for people to assess their skills and qualities, consider their aims in life and set goals in order to realise and maximise their potential. Training is crucial for all individuals regardless of where they may be in their careers; it is key to giving them the confidence and skills that will ensure future success.
Some training courses include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership Skills in Management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Project Management
- EU Fund Management
- Environment and Efficiency
- Team Building
- Creativity and Idea Generation
- Director Training