Kitchen hands assist cooks and chefs in preparing and storing food, washing dishes and kitchen utensils, and cleaning work areas. Kitchen hands may be employed on a full-time, part-time, casual or seasonal basis and usually work in shifts.
Required skills and educational background:
• Wash and clean utensils and dishes and make sure they are stored appropriately
• Handle, sort, store and distribute food items
• Wash, peel, chop, cut and cook food stuffs, and help prepare salads and desserts
• Sort and dispose of rubbish and recycling
• Organise laundering of kitchen linen
• Clean food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas