Handypersons provide professional building maintenance to their clients in residential buildings, work places, hotels, etc.
Handypersons can provide their services both indoors and outdoors, as they are able to work under all kinds of weather conditions. Their tasks may involve carrying heavy objects or being at significant heights, depending on the place of maintenance. The working day is long and usually requires availability in early mornings or late afternoons, thus the applicant should not have a 9 to 5 mentality.
Required skills and educational background:
• Apply professional paint, plaster and decorations
• Repair or replace ceilings and floors
• Fit, maintain or repair irrigation systems
• Maintain gardens, roofs, doors, windows
• Fix minor electrical problems (e.g. change light bulbs)
• Repair plumbing
• Build-in or -out shelves and other furniture
• Install or remodel kitchens