Electricians execute various tasks in relation to the installation and maintenance of electrical systems. The main responsibilities of electricians involve setting up electrical wiring in buildings, inspecting and detecting malfunctions and repairing them. The employees must be extremely cautious when performing their tasks. Security measures are crucial in this job due to the high amount of risk. The objective is to maintain well-functioning electrical systems and minimize the likelihood of accidents.
Required skills and educational background:
• Read electrical, architectural and mechanical plans to determine certain job responsibilities
• Execute plans of electrical wiring for different electrical systems
• Install electrical devices, fixtures and equipment
• Install electrical control systems and cables
• Install security and distribution mechanisms
• Maintain the electrical system while detecting damaged electrical units and fixing them
• Prevent collapse of the system by frequently changing old or defective cables, cleaning circuits, etc.
• Arrange and assemble conduits and connect wiring through the conduits
• Connect wiring in electrical circuits guaranteeing compatibility of apparatuses